TEC® Skill Set™ Roll-On Vinyl Tile & Plank Adhesive allows you ease of use, to roll through flooring installations fast and effectively. This breakthrough, user-friendly adhesive is ideal for vinyl tile, vinyl plank, and solid vinyl sheetgoods. It resists flooring indentations and disbonding from displacement of adhesive under heavy rolling loads (hospital beds, furniture, etc.). This unique formulation dries quickly, has excellent resistance to moisture and alkali, provides a long open time, is easy to clean up and low-odor.
- Ideal for LVT, LVP and solid vinyl heterogeneous or homogeneous sheetgoods
- Resists flooring indentations and disbonding under heavy rolling loads (hospital beds, furniture, etc.)
- Roller-applied adhesive allows installer to roll the adhesive onto the substrate efficiently
- Fast drying; accepts flooring in 20-30 minutes
- Moisture and alkali resistant up to 90% RH / 10 lbs. MVER and 7-11 pH
- Extended open time (4-6 hours)
- Heat weld after 60 minutes
- Solvent free and low VOC (VOC <1 g/L)
- LEED® Compliant and CRI Green Label Plus Certified
70 oz. (2.07 L) plastic jug
Coverage will vary with the absorption rate (porosity) and surface profile of the substrate. With just one coat of Roll-On Vinyl Tile & Plank Adhesive, you can lay down the amount of adhesive needed for the specific vinyl flooring being installed. Figures below are presented only as guidelines.
|Recommended Roller Size||Approximate Coverage|
|3/8" Nap||190-200 sq. ft./gal. (17.7-18.6 m2/2.07 L)|
When properly prepared, suitable substrates include:
- Concrete (all grade levels)
- Underlayment grade plywood
- Gypsum substrates (properly prepared)
Store at a moderate room temperature. Protect adhesive from freezing. Refer to the Technical Data section of this PDS, for more information.
Maximum of 1 year from date of manufacture in unopened container.
Although adhesive may be used when ambient or surface temperatures are between 60°F-90°F (16ºC-32ºC), always follow flooring manufacturer's temperature and installation guidelines for the vinyl flooring being installed. Always ROLL-ON VINYL TILE & PLANK ADHESIVE protect newly-installed vinyl flooring from heavy traffic, rolling loads, appliance or furniture placement for 24 hours after flooring installation. Do not use with fiberglass-backed vinyl sheetgoods, nor directly over peel and stick tile. Not recommended for use with felt-backed or mineral-backed vinyl sheetgoods, linoleum or rubber. Not for use in areas subject to flooding or water immersion. Do not use in coolers, freezers or seasonally used buildings subject to temperature or humidity extremes. Not recommended for use on stairs or vertical surfaces. May be used over in-floor heating systems, with a maximum floor temperature of 85°F, if allowed by the flooring manufacturer. Not for exterior use.
Read complete cautionary information printed on product container prior to use. For Medical Emergency Information, call 1-888-853-1758. This Product Data Sheet has been prepared in good faith on the basis of information available at the time of publication. It is intended to provide users with information about and guidelines for the proper use and application of the covered TEC® Skill Set™ brand product(s) under normal environmental and working conditions. Because each project is different, H.B. Fuller Construction Products Inc. cannot be responsible for the consequences of variations in such conditions, or for unforeseen conditions.
This Product Data Sheet has been prepared in good faith on the basis of information available at the time of publication. It is intended to provide users with information about and guidelines for the proper use and application of the covered TEC Skill Set brand product(s) under normal environmental and working conditions. Because each project is different, H.B. Fuller Construction Products Inc. cannot be responsible for the consequences of variations in such conditions, or for unforeseen conditions.
Floor must be clean, smooth, dry, and free of any foreign matter such as dust, wax, sealers, and dirt that would interfere with a good bond. Existing adhesive or paint must be removed from concrete by mechanical means, such as scarification or shot blasting. Do not sand any floors or adhesives that are known or suspected to contain asbestos. Any substrate containing asbestos must be handled in accordance with existing EPA regulations. Contact your local EPA office. Do not use solvents or liquid adhesive removers. For existing adhesive on plywood underlayment, remove and replace with new plywood underlayment. Fill all cracks and depressions with a suitable TEC® SKILL SET™ cementbased floor patch and/or underlayment. Best practices for cleaning typically include vacuuming and damp mopping.
Concrete Evaluation –- Porosity Test:
Surface porosity (ASTM F3191) must be determined prior to application of adhesive and installation of flooring products. To test porosity, place a few drops of water on the clean substrate surface in several places; if the water is absorbed into the surface in less than 15 seconds, the substrate is very porous and an application of TEC® Skill Set™ Multi-Purpose Primer (Item #457944) is mandatory before the application of adhesive. Follow all Product Data Sheet instructions for the primer application, then follow the specific adhesive installation instructions listed below. If the water beads up and does not absorb within 60 seconds, the floor must be prepared in accordance with preparation section above.
Concrete moisture testing must be performed in accordance to ASTM F1869 (Calcium Chloride - MVER) with levels not to exceed 10 lbs./1000 ft²/24 hrs. (4.54 kg/93 m²/24 hrs.) and/or ASTM F2170 with levels not to exceed 90% Relative Humidity (RH). NOTE: Consult floor covering manufacturer for acceptable RH or MVER.
Test for pH in accordance with ASTM F710. Depending on flooring manufacturer’s guidelines, a pH range of 7-11 is satisfactory for this adhesive. A reading outside of that range requires corrective measures before flooring installation. Always follow flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for acceptable levels of alkalinity for the vinyl flooring.
- Thoroughly read installation instructions on this Product Data Sheet (PDS), read the Safety Data Sheet (SDS), and read vinyl flooring manufacturer instructions regarding conditioning the vinyl flooring, prior to installation.
- Substrate must be clean, dry, and free of dust, grease, paints, oils, or any other foreign material. Existing adhesive must be removed by mechanical means, such as shot blasting or scarification. Do not use solvents or liquid adhesive removers. Cracks and uneven surfaces must be filled with a suitable TEC® Skill Set™ cementbased floor patch and/or underlayment.
- No mixing required, just pour to use.
- As an option, when installing flooring where finished baseboards, door casings, cabinets or other “obstacles” are already in place, apply this adhesive adjacent to these types of finished areas first, using a deck paint pad applicator, as described in Steps 5 through 7 below. For application in areas where finishes are not yet in place, you can opt to skip directly to Step 8.
- (Optional-see Step 4 above) Pour out a small pool of adhesive (approximately 6" to 9" in diameter) and use it to saturate the deck paint pad applicator.
- Pour a continuous 1" (25 mm) wide bead of adhesive 1" to 3" (25-76 mm) away from any finished wall or “obstacle”.
- Spread the bead of adhesive up to the finished wall or “obstacle” using the saturated deck paint pad applicator, similar to a painting “cut in” procedure around areas that are not to be painted.
- For application in an open floor area, use a 3/8" (9mm) nap roller. Before applying this adhesive, separately pour out enough adhesive to fully saturate the roller; saturate the roller by rolling through this small pool of adhesive.
- Pour an initial continuous 1" (25 mm) wide bead of adhesive onto the substrate, approximately 12" (30 cm) from any wall or barrier. Then pour additional 1" (25 mm) wide bead lines of adhesive across the subfloor area every 30" (76 cm)—only pour out enough bead lines for an area that you expect to roll out in 15 minutes.
- Spread a continuous single coat of the adhesive over the substrate using the saturated roller, by running the roller side to side through each continuous adhesive bead, 15" (37 cm) to each side of the poured bead. Keep the roller saturated throughout the adhesive application.
- After application of the adhesive, vinyl flooring installation can begin when the adhesive becomes clear and does not transfer to fingertips when lightly touched (20-30 minutes under normal conditions). Refer to vinyl flooring manufacturer’s instructions, to install the flooring.
- Once the vinyl flooring is installed, it must be rolled in both directions with a minimum of a 100 pound threesection roller. Use a small hand roller in areas that cannot be reached with a large roller. Foot traffic is acceptable immediately after rolling is completed.
- Heat welding may be performed after 60 minutes.
Easy clean-up. Remove wet adhesive with a damp cloth. Remove dried adhesive using a cloth dampened with denatured alcohol.
Information is available by calling the Technical Service Helpline.
Toll Free: 800-832-9023
Technical and safety literature
To acquire technical and safety literature, please visit our website at tecskillset.com.