Get a detailed shopping list for your tile project.
The Product Selector is an interactive, step-by-step guide to planning your tile project. Enter your project info and you'll get a detailed product list to ensure you get the right materials for your installation. You can even send your project list to your mobile device to make shopping easy.
Let's get started!
1. What state do you live in?
What is your level of experience?
Which product is right for you?
We offer products in a ready-to-use formula that requires no mixing, as well as in powder formulas that are compatible for all installations. There are many advantages to each—let us help you determine which are best for you and your project.
2. Select your project type
You did it! Here is your detailed shopping list. Your project is going to look great.
You may need to press "Allow" on the popup above to enable scripting on this site, then press "Email" again.
- Be sure to check your product packaging or with a Lowe's® associate for technical details.
- Your project requires a waterproofing and crack prevention membrane product, so one has been automatically added to your shopping list.
- Your project requires a self leveling underlayment primer product, so one has been automatically added to your shopping list.
- See manufacturer of Uncoupling Membrane for directions on use with modified or non-modified mortar options.
- If using Gype-Crete ® Underlayment, the use of TEC® Skill Set™ Waterproofing And Crack Prevention Membrane is required.
- If your Painted Drywall has a gloss/sheen appearance, you should rough up the surface by sanding the paint down. Please make sure paint is well bonded.
- If your glass tile has a colored backing, first test a small area before starting your installation. Visit www.tecspecialty.com for a glass tile bulletin.
- Most natural stones require sealing. Be sure to seal your tile according to the manufacturer’s directions before grouting.
- Don’t forget to choose a colored matched caulk. (Not for use at base of shower between floor and wall)
- TEC ® Invision™ Ready To Use Grout is not for use with polished marble, or glass that can be scratched by sand.
- Certain tile surfaces, including glazed or polished ceramic & porcelain tile, marble, granite, limestone, mosaic, onyx, glass tile, travertine or other natural stone and agglomerate tile can be scratched or damaged when grouted with sanded grout. Follow tile manufacturer/fabricator recommendations or test a small area prior to use to determine suitability.
- TEC® Power Grout® RTU, Ready to Use Ultimate Performance Premixed Grout, Check your local store for availability
Tools you may need
- Carpenter's level
- Tape measure
- Tile cutter / wet saw (use safety goggles)
- Notched trowel (that corresponds to tile size)
- Tile spacers
- ½" Electric drill & mixing paddle (unless using premixed adhesive or grout)
- Grout float
- Towels for clean-up