1/2 gallon container
Store indoors in a cool, dry location. Keep away from excessive heat. Freeze/thaw stable to -10°F (-23°C). If frozen, slowly bring material back to room temperature and remix.
Maximum of 18 months from date of manufacture in unopened package. Product is good for 6 months after opening as long as container is re-sealed carefully and stored in a cool, dry, interior location and used within shelf life. Covering with plastic wrap directly on top of product prior to sealing container will help preserve freshness.
- Do not use with polished marble or saltillo tiles.
- Do not use with travertine if the filling of the surface pits with grout is not desired.
- Certain tile surfaces may be stained when grouted. Follow tile manufacturerrecommendations or test in an inconspicuous area.
- Some metal tile may scratch as a result of excessive force applied when grouting. Check metal tile surface prior to grouting for pre-existing surface imperfections. Test a small area prior to use to determine suitability.
- Do not grout over existing epoxy grout installations.
- Maintain temperature range of 50°-90°F (10°-32°C) during use and drying.
- Freeze-thaw stable. If frozen, thaw completely and remix before using.
- Do not add water.
- Do not seal grout.
28 day cure
28 day cure in grout joint
< 400 psi (2.76 MPa)
< 3500 psi (24.13 MPa)
28 day cure
< 100 psi (0.69 MPa)
< 100 psi (0.69 MPa)
Area must be clean, dry, free of dirt and dust. If you have a highly porous tile or natural stone, pre-sealing the tile is recommended. Grout joint should be free of sealers. The use of a white setting material is recommended when using the Crystal color selection.
1. For best results, grout no more than 10 ft² (0.93 m²) at a time.
2. Press grout diagonally into joints holding float at a 45-degree angle. Make sure that joints are completely filled
3. Remove all excess grout off tile by holding float at a 90-degree angle and drawing diagonally across tile.
4. Immediately pat tile with damp sponge. Then, using a well wrung damp sponge, clean tile and smooth joints in a circular motion. Rinse sponge frequently.
5. Turn sponge over to a clean side and draw diagonally across tiles to remove any remaining film.
6. Do not wait longer than 15 minutes before starting grout haze clean-up.
7. If a light haze remains after cleaning, do not attempt to remove it with the sponge. Instead, leave the haze on the surface and remove the next day with a white scrub pad and common household ammoniated glass cleaner. Haze will easily come off of most tile surfaces.
8. There is no need to seal Design FX™ grout
NOTE: If excess water is used in the sponge during clean up, minor cracks or pinholes can develop. If the grout is over-worked, it may appear to shrink down into joint. Should any of these events occur, simply apply a second coat to the affected areas. You must allow your initial application to cure for 24 hours prior to your second application.
Instruction For Use Over Premixed and Cement-Based Grout
To install, existing premixed or cementitious grout must be completely removed from grout joint in order to obtain full Design effect.
Make sure the joint is free of all dust and debris, then apply grout per instructions above.
Light foot traffic after 24 hours. Allow 3 days to achieve intermittent water exposure. Allow 7 days to achieve final cure which includes hardness and stain resistance. INTERMITTENT EXPOSURE TO WATER IS 3 DAYS; SUCH AS SHOWER USE. ALLOW 7 DAYS BEFORE FULL WATER IMMERSION.
Clean tools and hands with warm soapy water while grout is still wet
Call 1-800-TEC-9023 (1-800-832-9023)
Mon-Fri 7 a.m.-5 p.m. CST